Please reload

21 Jun 2018

Flipping – how to choose your main residence to maximise relief

Private residence relief (also known as main residence relief) takes the gain arising on the disposal of a person’s main or only residence out of the charge to capital gains tax. This relief means that in t...

14 Jun 2018

Telling HMRC about benefits in kind

Where taxable benefits and expenses have been provided to employees in 2017/18, these need to be notified to HMRC on form P11D by 6 July 2018, unless the benefit has been payrolled. Form P11D(b) – the Class 1A National Insurance retur...

8 Jun 2018

Paying voluntary Class 3 contributions

Voluntary National Insurance contributions can be paid to plug gaps in your contributions record.

To receive the full single-tier pension (which is payable to individuals who reach state pension age on or after 6 April 2016), an ind...

1 Jun 2018

Mileage allowances – what is tax-free

Employees are often required to undertake business journeys by car, be it their own car or a company car, and may receive mileage allowance payments from their employer. Up to certain limits, mileage payments can be made tax-free. T...

Please reload

© AJM Accountants 2020

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon

George Lilley is licensed and regulated by AAT under licence number 1001040